Wednesday 7 July 2010

Not on the agenda


So, there I am tonight sitting in the Walmer Sea Scout hut on The Strand waiting for the parish council meeting to start.
The only other person in the hall is clerk Kirsty Holroyd who arrived before me.
We're having a bit of a chat about things to do in the summer (she is a fan of Ramsgate beach - hurrah)when we both notice it is only a couple of minutes before 7pm and not a single councillor in sight.
Where are they?
"Probably having a knees up down the pub, " I say. Just then Kirsty's mobile goes. "That'll be them now," I said, "Seeing if you want them to get you one in."
Kirsty answers and says something along the lines of "What do you mean where am I? I'm here, at the scout hut."
This is followed up by "oh."
She turns to me and says "I think they're all outside."
I'm closest so I get up, push the door open and am confronted with a huddle of nine parish councillors, one county councillor, a PCSO and a partridge in a pear tree (I'm joking about the partridge).
"Why's it locked?" they chorus
Ahhh. I was last in which means I obviously managed to lock the door somehow.
I would have apologised but I was laughing too much.

*Off the cuff quip from Chairman Pat Heath? "How many councillors does it take to open a door?" LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment